Saturday 22 January 2005

ironic choice of weapon

Maura @ work > Jeff @ home

Hi Jeff,
Sorry - I couldn't wait to read this.
At first glance, it sounds exactly like I thought it would - poor Jeff. You see everything as rotating around you. That is NOT reality for anyone but you.
Perhaps it's not completely your fault - you were rather spoiled - but please don't think that this is received wisdom. It is not, in fact, wisdom by any true definition of the word.
I've known for sometime that you were filled to the brim with resentment, and I had a pretty fair idea of where you laid the blaim. NOT, of course, on Pappa Pagan -- the guy who wanted to have nothing at all to do with you or with me when there was a need.
Much of what you have accused me of is your resentment of choices that I have made. You have never, and probably WILL never, had any empathy for anyone - except perhaps your daughter. I think that you probably have a lot for her - it's a pity that it will do her nothing but harm.
You're steering this into dangerous waters, my boy. I hope you know what you're doing.