Tuesday 25 January 2005

consequences

Jeff@ home > Maura @ work, home

[Subject = Last one I promise, I suggest you read carefully]

Don't worry, I will respect your wishes and leave you in peace after this.

Funny how you accuse me of lack of empathy. I find it an inspiration to know that you somehow managed to get through your first 35 years of life without ONCE ever feeling the need to challenge your mother. Congratulations.

Be very sure of the implications of your decision. I have asked you what you plan to do to contribute toward your family, be it in the form of financial, practical or even emotional help. Your response has amounted to nothing. I thus take that as a mandate to officially take control of this family; one that comprises me, Mom , Rebecca and Christopher. It is one that you have made it clear you want no part in.

Please appreciate I take no pleasure in this. However, there is nothing I have said that did not need to be said. I hope and I pray that after reflection you will come to see this, but I will not hold my breath. The door will always be open to you, should you one day choose to go through it. Until that day, rest assured that you will no longer hear from any of us. The ball is most definitely in your court. Give our regards to Gracie and Maggie.

Jeff