Wednesday 29 December 2004

three is company

Brenda @ work > Jeff @ home

Hi Jeff! Maura came over to visit me, Michelle & Makena on Saturday, 12/4 and we had a great time, just the three of us. I knew she usually took time off during the holidays to go to Ireland and she said she was really bummed about not being able to go because a co-worker was taking that time off, too. I invited her to come over Christmas day and have dinner with us - just the family - and she said she'd let me know. I got an email from her a couple of days before Christmas and she said she was planning to come and we'd pick her up at BART. I called her Christmas morning and left a message to reconfirm the time to pick her up, and she called back saying she was not feeling well, had a bad cold. She said she planned to be at work on Monday and we'd connect on getting together after the new year.

She seemed OK emotionally, and did sound a bit under the weather, but on top of that I suspect she was really bummed about not being with you at Christmas this year. The holidays are just no fun when you're not with the ones you truly want to be with! That was why I really wanted her to come over. I thing me and Michelle are the closest family she has here and we had a really nice time together on the 4th. I'll call her today to make sure she's OK, and set a date to get together.

I love the picture of Rebecca, Christopher & your grandma!!!!! Ann looks wonderful! Please tell Rebecca we send our love and a BIG birthday hug & kiss.

I'll keep you posted on your mom. I'll call her now.

Love,
Brenda