Wednesday 22 December 2004

a good time to call

Maura @ work > Jeff @ home
I'm going to Brenda's for Xmas, but not until the afternoon. Please tell me exactly what times to call on Saturday, ok?
I'll be here tomorrow, but not on Friday.
BACKGORUND INFO
The Brenda in question here is my Aunt Brenda Carter Moreno, who lives in the East Bay. She has been trying to get my mother to go visit her and her family for at least the past ten years. On the few occasions I was travelling as well, Maura has always agreed to go until the very day of travelling, when she we would come up with some excuse not to make the trip. To our astonishment, on Dec 4, 2005, she actually made the trip for the day. I would dearly love to have been a fly on the wall! According to Brenda, my mother was again invited to visit on Christmas Day, though I had a private bet with myself that this would not happen.
I was genuinely busy when this email arrived, since one of the advantages of having Maura over at Xmas was to lighten my load at the festive season. I genuinely did not get this email in time to reply to her at work before she finished for the holidays. My mother does, however, have full broadband internet at home, and I did not think it unreasonable to send the reply to her home address.